Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Hawkins' First attempt at Gardening {veggie style!}

Jay and I have been talking about planting a garden for awhile now... we even mentioned when we were first looking at our house that it had a great back yard for a garden. I was a little skeptical if we would be able to make it happen this year with the arrival of Miss Caroline, but luckily we did manage to build some raised beds, and now we are off on the adventure of keeping everything alive {daily watering is time consuming!}


We planted Tomatoes, Squash, Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Cantaloupe, Cucumbers, Jalapenos, Cayenne Peppers, and a Blueberry Bush

So far, things are growing and getting bigger... so I am feeling confident that we will get atleast something. I'll let you know our progress later in the summer...

As for the rest of our yard, my sweet Mama has helped us plant a bunch of things and it is looking pretty good!
 Our Roses just starting to bloom
 Hydrangea bush that was an Easter / Welcome Baby Caroline gift from my mama
 My herb pots got a fresh, bright coat of paint. We planted parsley, basil, and rosemary {and I have added cilantro since taking this picture}. I had a great experience with my first herb garden, so I am hoping for lots of success again!
 Jay's favorite reading spot... looking forward to some summer evenings in the hammock :)
Mom helped us plant several annuals to help add color to the front beds... lucky for us, she is quite the gardener!

 We had lots of help from Miss B who has found her new favorite summer game: chasing the water spraying from the hose. I will have to get some action shots of her at some point. She is too funny!

 Caroline enjoyed an afternoon stroller nap - such a laid back, easy going baby. We are blessed!

We're headed down to South Carolina for a wedding to to visit family {Caroline's first road trip!}... Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend... and I hope our garden is alive when we return!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment